After a long and tiring week, all you want to do is unwind and binge watch on your favorite TV shows, or invite some friends to just hang and catch up. But you realized that your home is a mess, and there’s no room to relax and chill. Suddenly, you find yourself trying to clean your home. Fast.
Speed cleaning may not be the same as actual cleaning, but sometimes, it’s the only thing that you can do whenever you don’t have enough time to really clean your home. So, in anticipation for any visitors or house guests and you’re too busy to do some actual cleaning, the following speed cleaning tips will be very useful and are enough to get you through the day, especially with your fast-paced everyday lives:
- Start with your entryway. The main idea here is to create an immediate impression of cleanliness. Your entryway is the first thing that you’ll see when you get home, so will your guests. Shake off dust from your doormats. Gather all the clutter in a basket and set aside. Throw away any trash you may find. Use Lola® Anti-Microbial Clean n' Wipe™ Cloth to wipe your doorknobs. Sweep the entryway floor with the Lola® Angle Broom with Dustpan to remove any visible dirt and debris.
- Tidy your living area. This is where you receive guests, so it has to be clean (or at least has to have that impression). Even if you’re not entertaining visitors, you’d still want to have a living room that’s tidy so you can relax. Start by collecting clutter and things that belong elsewhere in a basket and set aside. Straighten books and other decors on tabletops. Use Lola® Jumbo Microfiber Cleaning Cloth to dust living room surfaces. Arrange throw blankets and sofa cushions, and fluff your throw pillows. Use Lola® Rola Sticky Mop to sweep seating surfaces and other high-traffic areas in the living room.
- Clean your kitchen. A clean and organized kitchen makes cooking meals and preparing beverages a bit more fun. And if you have visitors over, they tend to wander into the kitchen randomly, so speed-clean to avoid embarrassment. Begin by gathering all the clutter in a basket and deal with them later. Scrub the sink and faucets with the microfiber side of the Lola ® Microfiber Cloth and Nylon Cleaning Pad, then rinse. Use Lola® Rubaway Eraser Pads to wipe countertops, kitchen table, stovetop and other appliance fronts. Empty your trash and set out a clean dish towel.
- Sanitize your bathrooms. The main objective here is to get high-touch surfaces sparkling clean and eliminate sources of any stink. Spray the toilet seat and bowl with disinfectant and let it sit. Wipe the toilet seat, and scrub the toilet bowl with Lola® Pro Euro Bowl Brush. Make sure you have enough toilet paper, towels, and soap.
- Organize your bedrooms. Whether you’re expecting house guests or just to keep them tidy in between major cleaning sessions, your bedrooms should never be skipped during speed-cleaning. Do a clean sweep by throwing away trash and putting things away to your dressers and nightstand. Make your bed and deal with dust around the entire room by using the Lola® Swiffer® Comparable Extender Duster.
When you’re done, spray air freshener or light up some scented candles. Remember, when your home smells nice, it’ll seem really clean, even if it isn’t! And following the tips above is the quickest way to have that always-ready-to-receive-guests kind of home.