If you despise cleaning with all your heart and would rather do anything else but — I feel you! There is something to be said, however, for knowing a few cleaning hacks to help make the task a little bit easier. We have scoured the world wide web for some of the best hacks and tips from cleaning professionals, and have listed them down here for your reference.
What tools and products you need
Making sure you have the right tools for the job is the best way to ensure cleaning success. The good news is that you don't need a lot of expensive cleaning supplies to keep your home clean. Making a caddy out of a few basic and dependable items is your best bet.
1. Microfiber cloths are an essential cleaning tool. Microfibers not only clean surfaces better than sponges, paper towels, and the like, but they're also machine washable and quick-drying, which means they're far less likely to harbor germs. Microfibers can also kill up to 99% of bacteria with just water and are three times more effective than traditional cleaning cloths, which is why many hospitals have switched to microfiber cloths, towels, and mops. The great news? Lola® has a variety of the microfiber cleaning products ranging from a simple Lola® 2-Way Cleaning Sponge Pad to the powerful The Revolution™ Microfiber Spin Mop System.
2. Make a cleaning caddy filled with supplies. In addition to multi-purpose Lola® Jumbo Microfiber Cleaning Cloths, a glass cleaner, a mildly abrasive cleaner, an all-purpose cleaner, and a pair of latex gloves should be in your cleaning caddy before you begin any home cleaning.
How to clean your kitchen
During the day, the kitchen is the epicenter of messes, but there are simple ways to keep this room from overwhelming you.
3. Throughout the day, keep an eye out for spills and messes. 'Clean as you go' should be your mantra. Clean the kitchen on a daily basis to keep things under control. Making quick work of the daily accumulation of clutter and mess will also help you avoid germ cross-contamination.
4. Perform simple tasks frequently and quickly. "Don't procrastinate!" -- This is the key to making kitchen cleaning easier. Sweeping your floor with the Lola® Pro Amazin™ Sponge & Scrubber Roller Mop at the end of the day, staying on top of surface messes and buildup, and tidying up daily clutter will keep your kitchen looking clean without taking hours.
5. For tougher messes, try baking soda. While a microfiber cloth is ideal for quickly cleaning up small messes on kitchen counters and appliance surfaces, larger food-related messes may necessitate the use of baking soda. Wipe down any grease-covered areas with a cloth dusted with baking soda. Allow it to sit for a few minutes before wiping the area with a Lola® Anti-microbial Clean N' Wipe™ Cloth to remove the residue.
How to clean your bathroom
A lot happens in your bathroom, and it's critical to keep it as germ-free as possible. These pointers will assist you in gaining control of this heavily trafficked area.
6. Clean high-traffic areas at least once a week. Maintaining your bathroom on a daily basis, similar to the kitchen, can make deeper, less frequent cleanings much easier. Creating consistent and simple cleaning habits in your bathroom will save you from having to deal with a much larger mess later on. To make regular weekly cleanings easier, squeegee your shower after each use, and wipe down the toilet and toothbrush holders twice a week.
7. Pay special attention to the smaller, often-overlooked areas of your bathroom. Remember to clean often-overlooked areas in the bathroom to ensure that everything is thoroughly clean. These frequently overlooked areas can include faucet aerators and toothbrush holders. The best way to clean those nooks and crannies, including around your faucet, is to use Lola® Scrub Brush with warm water.
How to clean your living room
People spend a lot of time relaxing in the living room, so make it as comfortable, clean, and dust-free as possible.
8. Keep dust at bay by concentrating on hidden areas in your living room. Because the living room is where you, your family, and any guests will spend the majority of your time, you should pay special attention to it. Moving your furniture as you go is the best way to ensure you hit every spot. Before moving the furniture back, move it around so that you're dusting the floor underneath it.
9. To deal with dust, use the proper tools. Feather dusters may be cute, but they're not very practical. They primarily move dust around rather than remove it. Use a Lola ® Rola Sticky Mop™ to effectively remove dust in the living room. It is made of a specially formulated sticky paper that picks up all types of dirt, dust, debris, hair, and much more!
10. Regularly clean dust-collecting textiles. While you may not want to clean your curtains, it is necessary in order to keep your home clean and your family healthy. Curtains should be washed twice a year at the very least.
How to clean your bedrooms
We all want our bedrooms to feel like an oasis, but we don't want to spend hours cleaning them. Checking off these simple tasks will help you get your bedroom in order quickly.
11. Concentrate on laundering linens and pillows. Weekly sheet washing is more important than the rest. It's the most effective way to keep germs and allergens at bay, especially considering how many hours you spend sleeping in bed each week.
12. Make your bed and tidy up for 10 minutes every day. As soon as you wake up, make your bed. It may not appear to make much of a difference, but this is the focal point of your room. Making your bed can instantly make the entire room look cleaner. Making your bed every day allows the cleaning process to become ingrained in your daily routine. Clean up the surfaces after making your bed in the morning to keep your bedroom feeling like a peaceful retreat. Place any clothing that has been left out in the hamper or drawers. Doing these simple tasks on a regular basis will quickly become a habit, making weekly cleanings much easier.
Keeping our homes clean and tidy is a simple way to reduce daily stress, but the act of cleaning itself can be stressful for some of us. Feeling unsure of where to begin or how frequently we should perform certain household chores can put us off track. Fortunately, the cleaning professionals' suggestions above are some of the most effective ways to get and keep your home sparkling clean!