Not that anyone would be surprised, but a recent study showed that fall is without a doubt America's favorite season (although sometimes, such distinction is shared with spring, depending of course on the survey respondents). With beautiful foliages and the cool and cozy weather, you are easily drawn to spend more time relaxing after all the fun and excitement during your summer escapades.
The start of this season also tells you that the holidays are coming around really soon. As such, another round of 'spring cleaning' in the fall might just be what you need to be prepared for the hectic winter days. To do this, you may consider ticking off the following tasks in this checklist:
Kitchen and Bathroom
- Deep clean kitchen and bathroom grout. Use an all-purpose scrubber like the Lola® Scrub Brush to help rid kitchen and bathroom surfaces of mold, mildew, and soap scum.
- Wash shower curtains and wipe down shower walls and bath area. Not that you should do this during fall cleaning only, but you should take this opportunity to wash your shower curtains and wipe down those shower walls and bath areas.
- Clean the toilet. Paired with your favorite liquid detergent, use a reliable toilet brush to deeply clean your toilet bowl. The Lola® Toilet Bowl Brush & Caddy efficiently does a very effective job to achieve this.
- Wash mattress covers/comforters. This is the best time to launder your blankets and linens, including mattress covers and dust ruffles. You may also start replacing your summer bedding with winter weight bedding.
- Vacuum and flip mattresses. As the season changes, it is also the perfect time for you to flip your mattresses. Sprinkle them with some baking soda to neutralize odors, and then vacuum them up.
- Wipe down bed frames and room walls. Your bed frames and headboards deserve some good old-fashioned dusting. The Lola Swiffer® Comparable 360° Duster might just be what you need for this task, and it comes with an Extender Kit which makes it easier to take the dust off your bedroom walls and ceilings.
- Vacuum upholstered furniture and other fixtures. Give your sofas and chairs a good vacuuming, make sure to hit both sides of the cushions, the back, sides, arms, and even the platform underneath the cushions. You may finish it off with the Lola Rola Sticky Mop™, which works like a giant lint roller.
- Wipe down TV screens and clean remote controls. You should wipe down all the living room surfaces including end tables, TV screens and stands, bookshelves, and whatnot. These are just some of the items that we are used to ignoring on normal days.
Rest of the House
- Clean floors, including areas underneath area rugs and baseboards. This task is not a seasonal cleaning activity, but a never-ending job in the household. But with The Evolution™ Microfiber Self-Washing Mop System, you can be assured that this can be done easily and fast.
- Deep clean appliances. You may want to make use of this season to give your home appliances their manufacturers' prescribed deep cleaning/care.
- Clean windows, blinds, window sills, and grooves. Wash all your windows inside and out. No dirt is too tough for Lola® Scrub Boss™, and it can gently wipe those windows clean even with just plain water from the tap. Take out screens and put in storm windows.
If you're still not convinced that 'spring cleaning' in the fall is a good idea, just remember, this is the time of the year when, more often than not (and even before the Covid-19 pandemic), you just want to stay at home, curl up on the couch and watch some movies. That being said, you would want your home to be clutter-free so you can truly enjoy staying indoors. Besides, once winter has come, you would actually breathe a sigh of relief that you took the time to make your home holiday-ready.