The holiday season has always been the time when you've gotten used to making lists and checking them twice, so why not extend that to making a house cleaning list of resolutions for the New Year?
But unless you're Marie Kondo, you're probably not a fan of decluttering your entire home, especially when you're just starting the year. Relax! A cleaning routine need not consume a big chunk of your 2022. There are simple yet effective ways to clean your home at lightning speed, and we’re sharing a fool-proof list of no-nonsense New Year’s resolutions for your home that will keep your place clean all year.
Make Cleaning a Daily Habit. Fit into your daily schedule the habit of cleaning up as you go.
- Pick up nightly. Resolve to put everything back in its place before calling it a night. Waking up to a clean home is always a great start!
- Stay ahead of the mess. Using Lola® Microfiber and Nylon Cleaning Pad, wash dishes after each meal.
- Prevent dirt build-up. Sweep floors with Lola® Angle Broom to minimize dust build-up.
- Leave the shower door open. After showering, open the shower curtain or leave the shower door ajar to allow fresh air in and keep mold and mildew from building up.
Establish a Weekly Cleaning Routine. You can make the weekly routine more pleasant and shave precious moments off your overall cleaning time in the process.
- Clean your carpets or rugs. To suck up all the dirt and dust hidden between the fibers, use Lola® Rola Sticky Mop™.
- Resolve to dust the right way. Don't just move dust from one place to another - capture and remove it. The Microfiber Duster from the Lola® 4-in-One Snap-in Cleaning Kit and Storage System is perfect for the job.
- Clean the toilet. With your favorite toilet bowl cleaner, use Lola® Eurostyle Toilet Bowl Brush to swish the cleaner around the bowl, under the edge, and as far into the trap as possible. Let it sit for several minutes before flushing.
- Tame soap scum. The soapy buildup makes for unsightly bathrooms. Mop your shower walls and floors with Lola® Natural Cellulose Squeeze Sponge Mop.
- Change bed linens. Wash your bed linens on a weekly basis.
Devise a Monthly Cleaning Pattern. Set aside an hour or so on a weekend each month to tackle more cleaning tasks for a cleaner year.
- Disinfect germ collectors. Disinfect trash cans, especially those in the kitchen and bathroom. Rinse thoroughly, and wipe dry with Wowables® Reusable & Biodegradable Paper Towels.
- Maintain the refrigerator. Those foggy shelves need a bath every month to keep your refrigerator looking and smelling fresh. Remove the shelves and allow them to adjust to room temperature before putting them in a sink with warm water. Add a drop of dishwashing liquid, and gently scrub with Lola® Scruffy Scourer™ Non Scratch Jumbo Scouring Pad.
Resolve to Do Seasonal Cleaning. Spring into some cleaning action at the start of each season.
- Wash windows thoroughly. Let the sun shine in through the seasons by keeping your home panes sparkling.
- Clean the refrigerator. Accumulated dust and lint can reduce cooling performance. Clean fridge door gaskets by washing the surfaces with a baking soda cleaning solution, rinsing and drying with a Lola® Jumbo Microfiber Cleaning Cloth. A light film of petroleum jelly can also keep the gaskets pliable.
Build an Annual Cleaning Plan. Allot at least a day out of your 365 to do a deep clean of all areas in your home. Remember to make a schedule of your cleaning tasks, stick to them, and you're all set for a new year. Happy 2022!